Cool Shield Active Panels
- Lightweight, clear panels contain air within aisle space
- Attaches to cabinet tops for hot or cold aisle containment
- Prevents supply and exhaust air mixing for energy savings up to 40%
- Panels communicate with fire suppression system to rotate open before discharge
- Eliminate thermal runaway risks in cold aisle containment
Patented aisle containment system featuring magnetic releasing ceiling panels and doors
The Cool Shield Active aisle containment solution is overcomes one of the biggest obstacles to aisle containment, fire suppression. The ceiling panels and sliding doors actually open automatically before the fire suppression is released. The patented system either communicates with your fire system or is activated by sensors inside and outside the contained aisle. Upon activation, a magnetic release opens the ceiling panels and doors to allow fire suppression to enter aisle.
Cold aisle containment is often much easier to implement than hot aisle containment. However, there is the danger of thermal runaway if the cooling system has a failure. This results in servers not getting enough air flow and potentially over heating. Cool Shield Active panels can overcome this issue. Using sensors near the server intake, the panels can be set to open if temperatures exceed the desired levels. This will be a barrier
The ceiling panels are contructed from a clear tempered glass to allow full visibility from overhead lighting. Upon active release, the panels do not fall to the ground but instead rotate on a center axis. Panels are simply manually rotated back into place after an activation. In addtion, at any time the panels can be easily removed if it is required to access lighting, cable trays, etc. The individual panels fit onto a frame system which rests on top of server cabinets. Rows of cabinets with various height cabinets and gaps between cabinets can be accomodated with custom fitted spacer panels.
Cool Shield Active can be used for cold or hot aisle containment to prevent the mixing supply and exhaust air. Aisle containment which can improve cooling efficiency up to 40% Customers using these system have been able to increase supply air set points to save thousands of dollars of engergy costs. Typical ROI ranges from 3 to 6 months.
Panels are activated to rotate by fire suppression system or temp/smoke sensors inside and outside the contained aisle
- Overhead, modular panels of quick-fit design to cover the aisle from cabinet to cabinet
- Panels can be mounted to non-matching cabinet widths
- Avoids the need to modify and extend room sprinklers
- Clear panels in acrylic or FM4910 PVC
- Panel mounting height options to suit room constraints and headroom needs
- Within-aisle lighting upgrades to supplement or replace room lighting
- Panels feature push pin release to allow easy access above cabinet
- Panels may be activated by fire suppression system or in-row temperature and smoke sensors
- Easily push back into place after release
- Panels automatically open upon power outage